7 Flavor Pound Cake

Ever major holiday that I am in L.A. we spend with my best friend's, Julie, family.  I usually make my Grandma Causby's Pound Cake but this Easter I decided to make a 7 Flavor Pound Cake.  After going to many stores I finally found Apricot Brandy at the BevMo!




Serves 12

Cake:
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
3 cups granulated sugar
6 large eggs
1 teaspoon rum extract
1 teaspoon orange extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
1 teaspoon butter flavoring
1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup Apricot Brandy


Glaze: 
1/4 cup Apricot Brandy
2 cups powdered sugar

1. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each. Add flavorings and blend. Sift all dry ingredients and set aside.
2. Combine sour cream and brandy.  Set aside.
3. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture alternating with sour cream mixture.
4. Pour into a greased and floured Bundt or tube pan.
5. Bake at 350 degrees until top springs back when touched lightly with fingertips, about 1 hour and 10 minutes.
6. Cool in pan for a few minutes, then turn out onto rack to cool.

For the Glaze:
Combine ingredients and drizzle over cooled cake.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made this cake it is simply delicious. I had to tweek the icing to fit my taste. But it turned out great. It's worth making

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have made this cake it is simply delicious. I had to tweek the icing to fit my taste. But it turned out great. It's worth making

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have made this cake multiple times....for my family and in-laws. It's a very good cake and one that I will continue making. Simply delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Made this cake as a birthday surprise for my boyfriend and he ate the whole cake in 2 days! Greedy? Perhaps, but he LOVED IT I made it multiple times thereafter for friends...its just that good

    ReplyDelete
  6. What can we use in place of butter flavoring?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don’t believe there is a substitute for butter flavoring but you could increase the vanilla extract to 1 1/2 teaspoons instead.

      Delete
  7. I have made this cake several times and it is always a hit. It's delicious

    ReplyDelete
  8. This cake sounds absolutely fabulous! Can you possibly recommend a good substitute for apricot brandy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there - you could substitute the apricot brandy with apple juice. Hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  9. Hey if I don’t add the brandy what do you recommend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But I've never tried this but I've read you can substitute the brandy with apple juice or syrup from a can of apricots in heavy syrup.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts