Hot Crab Dip

I decided it was time to clean out my pantry and see what food I've been hanging onto for quite some time.  I found two cans of crab that just barely went out of date in early March and decided that I needed to use them quickly.  I check out The Pioneer Woman's website almost daily and found a recipe that sounded delicious for hot crab dip.  It is really yummy but wish I had friends over to enjoy it as I'm sure my thighs would appreciate it.  * Please note, day #2 was much better since the flavors had time to meld together...delish!

Courtesy of Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman
Serves 12

2 packages, 8 Ounce Cream Cheese
2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
2 cans(7-ounce Each) Crabmeat (or use fresh or frozen)
4 whole Green Onions, Sliced
2 tablespoons Milk
2 tablespoons Horseradish (more to taste)
½ teaspoons Salt
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
5 dashes Texas Pete or Tabasco (more or less to taste)
¼ cups Sliced or Slivered Almonds

  1. Place cream cheese and mayonnaise in a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat to combine.
  2. Add remaining ingredients except almonds and beat gently until just combined. 
  3. Spoon into a heatproof baking dish. Sprinkle with sliced almonds
  4. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and bubbly on top. 
  5. Serve with corn chips or crackers. 

Comments

Popular Posts