Creamy Potato Soup

Serves 4

2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
5 green onions, chopped
1/2 red onion, diced
2 carrots, diced
2-3 celery sticks, diced
1/4 cups dry white wine
2-3 cups diced Yukon gold potatoes (Yukon are buttery and creamy but you could use any variety)
1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
pepper to taste
3 cups chicken broth
1 cup water
1 can evaporate milk
1 Tablespoon chopped parsley

1. Saute onions, carrots and celery in olive oil for a few minutes then add white wine. Cook for a minute or two until the wine has evaporated a little. 
2. Add chicken broth, water, potatoes and salt. 
3. Bring to a boil, simmer for about 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. 
4. Mash up some of the potatoes but not all of them. I like to use my emulsion stick blender. 
5. Add milk, parsley and pepper. Warm through and serve.  (I didn't realize until after the soup was done that I had some bacon that I needed to use so I used that for garnish.  The next time I make this soup I would first cook the bacon, drain the grease and then saute the vegetables in the bacon drippings.)

Comments

Popular Posts